Criteria For Referral
To refer someone for aging services, please download and complete this form. Email completed form to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (252-752-9365) the completed form to Lori Cortright, Director of Aging Services.
Home Delivered Meals Program
- Community-dwelling adults 60 years of age and over who live in Pitt County.
- At risk of malnutrition and/or food insecurity and/or inability to prepare food for themselves.
- Adults recently discharged from hospital because of fall or injury, being at risk of falling again or readmission, may be eligible for short-term home-delivered meals program through the Council on Aging’s Nutrition Services Program through Vidant Community Benefits Grant.
Healthy Aging and Injury Prevention Program
- Community-dwelling adults 55 years of age and over who live in Pitt County.
- Has had falls, at risk for falls, or fearful of falling.
Possible issues (may include but not limited to):
- Assistance obtaining bathroom safety equipment (e.g. tub bench, shower chair, elevated toilet seat).
- Grab bars and/or stair hand railings installed (private payor through grant funding, or other resources).
- Resources for a ramp or ramp repair.
- Resources/assistance with accessibility issues (walker or wheelchair doesn’t fit in the bedroom or bathroom, etc.).
Information and Referral
- People who need community aging resources (e.g. resources for caregivers, housing/long term care, nutritional supplements, Medicare counseling, home repair).
- Assistance & referrals about local, regional, and national resources.
- Medicare Counseling with questions about Medicare Part D, Medicare supplements, Medicare Advantage Plans, and original Medicare.
- Healthy Aging & Injury Prevention through Home Safety and Falls Risk Assessments, assistance with minor home modifications & equipment.
- Home Delivered Meals to adults over age 60, who are unable to prepare their own meal. These meals meet 1/3 RDA of vitamins and minerals.
- Congregate lunches at five Senior Wellness Centers across Pitt County
- Nutritional Supplements including Ensure, Glucerna, and Nepro sold at reduced prices.
Programs & Activities
- Classes & Workshops
- Health Screenings
- Educational Programs & Resources
- Day Trips & Overnight Trips
- Drivers to Deliver Meals
- Instructors for Classes
- Office Assistance
- Building & Grounds Assistance
Ways to Donate
- Make a tax-deductible donation online at www.pittcoa.com
- Make a check payable to the Council on Aging
- Choose the COA when you make purchases at AmazonSmile
- Consider the COA as a planned giving recipient.